Skip Navigation

For All Your Vehicle Licensing and Registration Needs

Click below to conduct instant search for registered corporation information.

Corporate Registry Search

Authorized Service Provider for Corporate Registry – Sherwood Park Registries

As a Level III Authorized Service Provider for Corporate Registry, Sherwood Park Registries has a dedicated staff providing NUANS reports of all types. Our team also provides search and registration services in most jurisdictions across North America. We’ve served Strathcona County and the Sherwood Park area since 1972, and we’re dedicated to providing a great customer experience. Please contact us today to discuss your needs and see how we can assist you.

The Alberta Government – Service Alberta web pages contain excellent information about requirements and further details for corporate registry.

Our helpful links:

Sherwood Park Registries quick hits:

  • Corporations
  • Extra-provincial corporations
  • Business names: trade names and partnerships
  • Annual returns and amendments
  • Corporate registry forms

Personal Property Registry – At a Glance

What is the Personal Property Registry (PPR)?

The Personal Property Registry, together with the Land Titles Offices, form the Property Registration Branch of the Alberta Government’s Municipal Affairs / Registries Department. The Registry provides registration and a search system for interests in personal property. It is created under Part 4 of the Personal Property Security Act.

Why Register An Interest?

Certain interests in personal property must be registered in the Personal Property Registry (P.P.R.) to avoid possible loss or subordination of the interest to another person. This would give that other person a better legal right to the property. Registration also enables a person to discover the existence of your interest to prevent unnecessary legal conflicts.

Note: It is very important to keep in mind that registration in the Personal Property Registry does not guarantee priority over all other interests. It is, however, a necessary step to protect yourself.

What Can You Register?

The interests that can be registered are:

  • Security interests under the Personal Property Security Act (PPSA). (These are interests that secure payment or performance of an obligation. This also includes leases for a term of more than one year, transfers of accounts or chattel paper and consignments.)
  • The interest of a buyer of goods, where the goods are left in the possession of the seller, (Sale of Goods Act s.27(1.1) and Factors Act s.8(2) )
  • The interest of an execution creditor under a Writ of Enforcement
  • The interest of a spouse entitled to possession of household goods or a mobile home under Matrimonial Property Act and Maintenance Enforcement Act
  • A garagemen’s lien under the Garagemen’s Lien Act
  • A workers’ Compensation Board charge under the Workers’ Compensation Act
  • A railway mortgage deed registration under the Railway Act.

What Are Examples of Collateral or Personal Property Interests that Can Be Registered?

1. Serial Numbered Collateral:

  • AC aircraft – Canada (aircraft registered in Canada)
  • AF aircraft – Foreign (aircraft not registered in Canada)
  • BO boat
  • MH mobile home
  • MV motor vehicle
  • OM outboard motor for boat
  • TR trailer

              2. General Collateral:

              • Office or non-office equipment (i.e. computers, printers, machines, alarms, etc.)
              • Supplies, furnishings and other non-serial numbered collateral or personal property – otherwise defined as chalets

                Other Resources

                The Alberta Government Services web pages contain excellent information about requirements and further details for Personal Property Registry.

                Here are some helpful quick tips from Sherwood Park Registries: 

                Main page –

                Your dedicated team at Sherwood Park Registries can access the Alberta Personal Property Registry Electronic System (APPRES) to help you with all your property needs:

                • Lien Search 
                • Security Agreement Registration 
                • Security Agreement Amendment 
                • Discharge Security Agreement 
                • Garage Keepers’ Lien Registration 
                • Discharge Garage Keepers’ Lien 
                • Writ of Enforcement Registration 
                • Amendment/Status Report for Writ of Enforcement 
                • Discharge Writ of Enforcement 
                • Land Title Search

                Sherwood Park Registries

                104-52 Sioux Rd

                Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4X1








                Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
                Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

                Send to a friend

                Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

                Copyright Sherwood Park Registries 2023 - Legal
                Created by

                Legal notice